Brett Beletz is based in Philadelphia (and sometimes New York City). He has professional experience in online marketing, content writing, content strategy, social media management, and customer service. Currently, he’s seeking job opportunities in the IT sector.
Brett is interested in Linux systems, and is currently studying for his LFCS certification. He is also studying shell scripting, and plans to move on to Python next. He’s looking for hands-on experience with a professional who can train him to develop his technical skills and engage his passion for problem solving. Right now, Brett is primarily applying to helpdesk positions, to kickstart his professional trajectory in IT.
A little more about me: I’m a student of history, with a particular interest in authoritarian regimes of the late 20th century, and I’ve taken a few college courses on the subject. I’m also a passionate supporter of the revolution for a Free Syria, which reemerged in force approximately one decade ago, and continues to this day. If you share similar interests, or are a journalist who writes about Syria, feel free to friend me on LinkedIn. I’m always looking to connect with new people.
Also, I’m a major book nerd. I’ll probably be posting some book reviews on here. You can also follow me on Goodreads.
Synerfac Technical Staffing
March 2021 – April 2021
– Assisted with SMART Board and AV upgrades throughout the Community College of Philadelphia campus
Barnes & Noble Booksellers
October 2019 – March 2020
– On-site customer service: Assisted customers with book recommendations; worked the register and sold B&N memberships; wrote book reviews placed on display to advertise specific products
– Remote customer service: Placed orders for customers over the phone; advised callers about the availability of products in-store; assisted with technical support and troubleshooting for customers experiencing issues with online purchases & memberships; provided updates on outstanding orders
– Inventory maintenance: Organized books after store-close to facilitate accessibility for customers
Philadelphia Free Library
Seasonal Library Assistant
November 2017 – September 2018
– Occupied front desk of the Rare Books Department, and answered questions to patrons about our collection; advised patrons of our department policies and rules of conduct; provided answers about the history of the building and the department as a whole; directed patrons to specific locations
– Organized, labeled, and catalogued the library’s extensive collection of over 100 ancient cuneiform tablets to improve accessibility for interested researchers and students; logged all items into a searchable spreadsheet; directed patrons to specific items within the cuneiform collection
– Updated the Rare Books Department’s online database to include backlogged materials into the library’s searchable inventory
Associate Content Writer
September 2015 – February 2016
– Wrote and published 15+ articles for company blog, increasing traffic by over 40%
– Helped to develop a copy style guide, universal best practices social media engagement, and overarching content strategy for both Leadnomics and their subsidiary company, Margo Insurance
– Managed social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) and reviewed data analytics to optimize content in accordance with our best practices
– Ghostwrote 2 articles for CEO and General Manager